Posse

Monday, 7 May 2012

The shades of pink, the rain and the tap shoes!

As it seems, pink was a popular shade last weekend when Miranda and I ventured to the Powerhouse to see Red Hot Rhythm's tap sensational show, Rhythm Junkies. The show consisted of 6 dancers; 3 Tap, 3 Irish, all incredibly talented and quick on their scuffed tap shoes. It amazed me how musical the sound of tapping can be, as the performers ditched audio accompaniment, instead creating rhythmical soundscapes using different tap combinations. My musical needs were met as the dancing was combined with a percussive duo and virtuosic violin player, adding depth to the innovative concept of dance/musical fusion. After the show, Miranda and I had the pleasure of joining the cast and other eager audience members for a celebrational end of a successful season drink. We were even lucky enough to score a happy snap with legendary tap icon, Reindert Toia. 

Feeling a little bit starstruck next to the super fit and skilled dancer Reindert!


I am yet to explain the rain component of the night. The weather on this particular weekend was consistently wet and windy. Miranda and I had planned to catch the ferry from Bulimba to Newfarm which is a fairly short trip...in theory. However, between getting off the ferry and walking the path up to the Powerhouse, we managed to get completely soaked from the back. Standing in the toilets using the hand drier as a form of warmth and an attempt to dry ourselves, was not exactly how I imagined our night would unfold, but it's a story I'll laugh about for a very long time. I now am beginning to understand the saying holds true, "always wear clean underwear incase your hit by a car". How was everyone's weekend? Fill me in ladies! One last reminder, I'm only 3 people away from gaining 200 readers and announcing my giveaway- share the love and share my blog!
Kisses,
Barbie xxx

7 comments:

Irene Buffa said...

looking cool!

WIN A CLUTCH ON MY BLOG!

WIN A CLUTCH ON MY BLOG!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Looks great :) x

Soph. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend apart from the weather. We celebrated my sisters 21st on the gold coast and the weather was perfect! I've just done a post with all the photos too :) love your bright dress. Your friend looks lovely too!

Xox Soph

Soph. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend apart from the weather. We celebrated my sisters 21st on the gold coast and the weather was perfect! I've just done a post with all the photos too :) love your bright dress. Your friend looks lovely too!

Xox Soph

Maiken said...

what a lovely combination of black and pink! totally chic ;) and I'm glad you enjoyed the show even though that accident with the weather happened :P

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Eres Guapa said...

Hi!!!
How are you? I hope fine.
You look so cool!
¡A cute kiss!

eresguapa-x.blogspot.com
-ERES GUAPA-.

Lisina Betty said...

love your blog:)Maybe we can follow each other? http://comeduegoccedacqua.blogspot.it/