Posse

Saturday, 14 April 2012

Theatre and its Muse!

Growing up with a musical background, there was only one role model I aspired to be like; a small, red-headed, white patent shoe wearing orphan, known as Annie. Could you imagine my excitement when I found out my second favourite childhood musical (behind Sound of Music dah!) was coming to Brisbane for a limited season starring non other than the wonderful Anthony Warlow!

Colour blocking is becoming a hobby of mine- particularly finding colours that will compliment and enhance one another. I thought the vivid hue of this turquoise Portmans dress would look sensational with these rich purple Jo Mercer heels I recently purchased! 

Putting together a great outfit isn't always about the colours, materials and textures but the true aesthetics and aura created. After all an outfit is only as magnificent as the person wearing it. As Annie has taught me, "your never fully dressed without a smile"...and a matching pair of pumps! 
Dress: Portmans, Shoes & Bag: Jo Mercer, Bracelet: Thomas Sabo
The show was spectacular and so was the company, as I was graced by the presence of my dear, musically-gifted friend, Todd. Being a talented vocalist and pianist- Todd can appreciate the many different genres of music, plus doesn't he look dashing ladies? 


This week holds many exciting surprises including a q&a with a up and coming Brisbane jewellery designer, a new giveaway and an outfit post- which I do believe is my finest styling work! Make sure you keep those visits regular lovely followers! 
Catch you on the flip side!
Barbie 
xxx

27 comments:

vintage process said...

Great pictures!! I love it!!

Jessille said...

very lovely dress...love it
btw lets follow each other
jessillesilv.blogspot.com

RaspberryBlonde said...

love the clutch and shoes, great colour

Elena said...

So adorable dress, you look so chic and pretty!

Hope you'll visit me :)
Lots of kisses, Elly

Marloes said...

You looked stunning! Love the dress! x

Maiken said...

wow, what a dress! so perfect for the occasion. and those shoes + clutch.. such a beautiful shade of lilac :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

chibiwow said...

You look stunning girl and Todd is a natural charmer. Love the dress and the shoes.

buy diablo 3 account

Antonella C'est moi said...

Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
Xoxo
LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
FACEBOOK
BLOGLOVIN
TWITTER

Theonlyfashionprincess said...

the color of your shoes is AMAZING x

the chilicool said...

Great outfit dear! Love it :) Mind to follow each other? Already following you on gfc!

Alessia

THE CHILI COOL


FACEBOOK

sepatuholic said...

WOW.... You're WOW..... love the lace dress, and the heels+clutch are the best fit to the dress..GORGEOUS!!!!
http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

StreetChic said...

adorable style!!! amazing pics!IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

Antonella C'est moi said...

of course i follow u back <3

Sandra Leiva said...

Cute dress! <3

Eres Guapa said...

BEAUTIFUL LADY! ;p

Ruth Arthasya said...

Cutey cute<3
So pretty!
That's what I can say for ur outfit, blog, and this post<3
Keep posting and blogging!:D

Following ya:D
It'll be so nice, if you follow me back:D

Have a sparkling day!
xoxo.

Ruth Arthasya said...

Cutey cute<3
So pretty!
That's what I can say for ur outfit, blog, and this post<3
Keep posting and blogging!:D

Following ya:D
It'll be so nice, if you follow me back:D

Have a sparkling day!
xoxo.

Inggrid Monalita said...

Nice drese!

wanna follow each other sweetie?

have a nice day!

Lara Rose said...

nice pictures and great outfit!!

The chic and cheap said...

very beautiful blog.

would you like to follow each other? let me know.

xoxo


The chic and cheap blog

Nikki said...

Lovely pictures!! :) Xx

Izzy said...

such a cute dress + heels! love the way your makeup matches the colours in your outfit too. too beautiful <3

OH and yes, your friend does look yummy. haha!

metallicpaws.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

omg that dress looks so cute on you!

Kirsten said...

You look beautiful! Aahhh Annie is the best. I saw it when it was in Brisbane last time, twas amazing! Looks like you had a great night :)

Karina said...

Loved your blog!
I´m following you...follow me back!

kisses from Brazil!

http://jungfrauen.blogspot.com.br/

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Beautiful photos!!!!
How have you been?!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice idea.. thanks for sharing.