Posse

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

GAGA Hairspiration

Darling friends,
I've always said that hairstyles are like jeans- once you find one that really works for you, you seldom part ways with it! And for me, that style right now that flatters my locks and makes people stare is the infamous Lady Gaga hair bow! From the many requests I have had, here is the highly anticipated tutorial!

I know this style isn't for everyone, but for the tamer girls I have included some hairspirational styles that I have archived throughout my many hours of style stalking, I mean "researching".

"Excuse me Manhattan Maiden, Serena Van Der Woodsen- don't mind me, I am about to uncover your secret!"
This very hairstyle is best achieved by dividing hair into 3 sections using a fine tooth comb. Start with the top section closest to the crown. Slightly tease section and wrap into a messy bun, securing with bobby pins that closely match your own hair colour. Repeat with second hair section. Finally pull remainder of hair (even longer strands dangling from other sections)into a low, loose pony tail and secure at the nape of the neck. You know you'll love it, xoxo.
Does this hairstyle look familiar? It requires a lot of volume and small hair bands (braiding optional). Pull the hair into a semi centred pony and secure. Next backcomb pony and start bunching hair into small sections and securing with the small hair bands. You can leave this look plain with the bands visible, or using a braid/ribbon, wrap around bands and tie a messy knot. 
LV- Designing a couture hairstyle
Using a selection of bobby pins, hair needs to be folded across to the other side of head. Tuck the ends under the folded section of hair and secure with bobby pins. A cute little headband really completes this look. 

"If this hair could secure me a man like Edward- then style me a bride!"
In the classic Breaking Dawn wedding, Bella fuses a fine braid, with a messy, low bun. The key detail of this simple do is the messy strands that are left to frame the face.


I do hope this posting has been helpful in infighting some hairspiration. Let me know how it goes ladies!
Love Professor B
xxx

12 comments:

Irene Buffa said...

beautiful!

www.ontomywardrobe.com

www.ontomywardrobe.com

www.ontomywardrobe.com

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love! I will definitely be regularing the Serena Van Der Woodsen and the LV look. Excited to try your gaga bow too! Thank you gorgeous, cannot wait to read your next post xx

Anonymous said...

Love it girl! Well done! p.s Barbie stop being so fucking hot! xo

Kirsten said...

Waahh I just cut all my hair off so can no longer do a hairbow :( it looks so pretty on you! Haha how cute that you wore a bow shirt in your bow video :)

Stylish By Nature said...

Beautiful !!

Dear, I am hosting Harvey Prince international giveaway currently, where 10 winners will win $550 worth of Perfumes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

Enter 10 winner Harvey Prince ($550) Giveaway
♡ StylishByNature.com

Sandra said...

I would never guess this hairstyle is so easy to do!

http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

Soph. said...

Gorgeous hair. Have tried that gaga bow before it is so cool! Looks great on you.

Xox Soph

Lady Writer said...

love *_*

http://ladywriterr.blogspot.com
http://ladywriterr.blogspot.com
http://ladywriterr.blogspot.com


Follow me on bloglovin
Follow me on bloglovin
Follow me on bloglovin

Norah said...

i was thinking about gaga too when i first saw your other post! i also love that cute t-shirt you have on in the video! :)

Maiken said...

I have noticed many bloggers love that gaga look and this love continues and continues ;) unfortunately I usually don't have time to make something fancy out of my hair but I do love cool braided looks! and I enjoyed your post of course! :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Izzy said...

omg thanks for the amazing hair tuts!! love Kristen's one especially, the fine braid looks so delicate and pretty <3 I've got to try all of these though sometime!!

metallicpaws.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

I love the lady gaga bow! My hair is still too short for it though, it just looks silly on me right now! But you pull it off beautifully darling!!!
Biggest love,
Victoria