Posse

Friday, 23 March 2012

R & B Junkie

Lately I have noticed a new trend starting to appear which I like to call R&B Junkie, (warning: this has absolutely nothing to do with my all time favourite Janet Jackson song!) In this case, R&B junkie relates to Relationships and Breakup Junkies, where all those lovely 10/10 scale couples bust up, make up, breakup, binge eat and adapt destructive new habits. Ladies, it happens to the best of us, and as Pat Benatar would admit, "Love is a Battlefield", but the most important conclusion is the resolution.....

For as long as we can remember, revenge has been said to be best served cold- however, post break up has told me otherwise. Revenge: a dish best served a la spicy, sizzling and hot hot hot. The best revenge therefore is to get yo fine bot to the gym stat and kick those unhealthy wallowing food feasts to the curb!

Fashionable exercise: Lorna Jane activewear!
My new gym attire has boosted my motivation by 10 points!

Here is a little exercise mood board I've put together, mainly consisting of items from the Lorna Jane website. Head on over to find your own, workout style.
The perfect workout ensemble

The perfect workout ensemble by professorbarbie featuring sports bags
For me, music speaks louder than any positive t-shirt slogan. Unlike the rest of my generation, I am in no way attracted to a heavy bass line or dubstep remixes. Call me crazy, but I just love an upbeat melody that makes me want to dance. Here are some songs to get you in the jam. 
Top 10 Workout Songs
  1. I Love It - Hilltop Hoods feat. Sia
  2. Talk That Talk - Rihanna feat Jay-Z
  3. Stronger - Kanye West
  4. R&B Junkie - Janet Jackson
  5. Click Flash - Ciara
  6. Tik Tok - Ke$ha
  7. I'm Real - Jennifer Lopez
  8. Mr. Saxobeat - Alexandra Stan
  9. Finally - Ce Ce Peniston 
  10. With You - LMFA0
Love always, 
Professor B
xxxx

8 comments:

Marielley said...

I agree with you! Better to work out your frustrations in the gym! (which I haven't done in a while) must be that I am content at the moment..lol. I need something to frustrate me so I have more motivation!

<3 Marielley
www.lusciousmarielley.blogspot.com

Maiken said...

oh, it seems to me that we have a very similar taste in music, so I definitely have to check out some songs from your list ;)
btw, I'm glad you like to work out. I do it regularly :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

MIRIAM said...

Wonderful top!

Kisses,
Miriam
Fashion Crazy Ball and My Facebook Page

QT said...

Cute! :)

Daisy said...

you look cute :)

xx Daisy

-> TMG FASHIONBLOG <-

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

lapetiteblonde said...

Honey!=)
this is true!!love your top!fucsia is my favourite color hehehe...
kisses and have a nice week=)

Squared said...

cool blog hun! you look very pretty! There is a Lotus Mendes giveaway going on on my blog, I think you would really like to participate! Hope to see you soon love <3