Posse

Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Practically Perfect!

Last night my family and I ventured to Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) to see the awaited brilliance of Thomas Schumacher and Cameron Mackintosh, creators and producers behind the stage sensation Mary Poppins. To say the production was magical has to be the understatement of the year- it was nothing short of magnificent. Being a regular thespian, (yes it is a real term to describe us theatre enthusiasts) I usually categorise shows into two definitives- Razzle Dazzle and Wow Factor. Aside from Wicked, Mary Poppins is definitely one show that deserved both of these titles. An array of colour dispersed between the decadent sets, props and costumes, emersed me within the enchanted setting of the story. The magic and illusions on stage were astonishing to say the least, particularly the part where the angelic nanny flew through the audience. WOW!; There were strings?

While I am a massive fan of one, Julie Andrews, the voice on this young (understudy of Poppins), Sarah Bakker was flawless and at times she sounded uncannily like the original. Last night awoke my new, sudden urge to pick up my tap shoes and clickity clack across some floor boards. Thank you Matt Lee- my parents will love revarnishing the polished floor. If any Brisbanites know of some ultra modern tap schools, holla at your sista! To the rest of you, if the opportunity arises to see Mary Poppins you must go! It was the most spectacular show I've seen yet!



Dress: Pink Stitch
Shoes: Corelli
Bag: Adorne
Necklace and rings: Diva
Diamond Earrings: Michael Hill
Headband: Equip

Excited to leave




A little Blake Lively inspired updo...



The warm purple glow of the entertaining area at QPAC



Mrs Barbie







Awaiting the magic



I just couldn't resist!


Has anyone seen some Broadway lately? Leave me a love note.

Love and kisses,
Professor B
Xxx

17 comments:

Emmanuella said...

that sounds exciting!! This dress fits you so well love it!!

Lady Writer said...

very cute!! :)

http://ladywriterr.blogspot.com
http://ladywriterr.blogspot.com

★ JASMINE ★ said...

Wow! You look absolutely radiant!


Gorgeous as always!

xxxoo

BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM
xo barbie bombshell

Syida said...

I love the last picture. u look so cute. but be careful to fly with marry poppins.

Love u always!!!

Grace said...

i saw this last summer and feel in love! you look gorgeous as always!

Dragon Mommy said...

You look lovely.

Holli x
Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com
Enter my giveaway!

Maiken said...

you look great - this is a really cool dress. actually it reminds me of the gladiator style and Old Rome. the accessories are wisely chosen as well ;)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Summer-Raye said...

I loved Mary Poppins too. I saw it when they were here last year. GREAT- i used to tap too.

Sandra said...

Your dress is stunning!

http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

Melu103 said...

can you believe i never
seen the movie??
LAMEEEEEEEEE

you look really cute love!

xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

I WANNA SEE MARY POPPINS TOO.
BTW,YOU ALWAYS LOOK GODDAMN GORGEOUS.

Adriana said...

That dress looks great on you :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

alicia said...

you look perfect! love your hair.

Cantarella said...

oh god i love the dress and ur hair *_* so pretty ♥

I tagged u :3 When u want, u can answer the questions ^-^

http://jadore-la-couture.blogspot.com/2012/01/question-tag-and-working-on-new-nails.html

xoxo

jadore-la-couture.blogspot.com

Shiia.M said...

Nice pics ! I love your dress

xx :D

Camelia said...

Looks like it was fun! I'd love to go see Mary Poppins, plays are so much fun. and I love getting dressed up :)

Anonymous said...

the things I would do to you...