Posse

Friday, 7 October 2011

Calico Brides down the Runway...

This weekend promoted a very important fashion event of the season, The Queensland Brides Wedding Expo 2011. Held at the Brisbane Convention Centre, this event is hosted by leading wedding magazine, Queensland Brides and features over 160 stalls of wedding bliss! The highlight of this event is certainly the fashion runway show which showcases the work of both professional and student fashion designers. This leads me to the subject of this fashion post.. Bloggers, I introduce you to my designer pal (and dear friend), Brooke Campbell.

Outfit styled and photographed by Brooke’s friend, Alyssa Ilyhanti.



Don't let her babyface deceive you, this young, 20 year old Brisbane Fashionista will one day be acclaimed as a top Australian Designer, known for her cutting edge style. Brooke currently studies at the Australian Institute of Fashion Design, Brisbane Campus. A few months ago Brooke asked me to model her end of year assessment piece, a calico wedding dress featured in the Calico Brides competition at the Queensland Brides Wedding Expo. I gladly accepted this exciting opportunity and knew even before I saw the design that Brooke would envision a one of a kind dress. The gown, entitled Delirium, was inspired by the movie Heavenly Creatures, features an A line, asymmetrical skirt, ruffled train and a distinctive hood-like veil. Would you believe this dress was constructed from bleached calico and organdie fabric?



.

Myself and the leading lady designer, Brooke...xo


The entire look projected Brooke's playful and creative nature, right down to her innovative hair design and dramatic makeup.

Hair styled by Chelsea of Hairy Tales, Nundah.
Make Up by Napoleon, Carindale.






And finally, some fun on the runway! Was it scary you ask? Yes! But would I do it again? Of course I would! Wearing Brooke's custom - made, one of a kind wedding dress, made me feel as if I was a small, intricate part within the aesthetics of fashion. While there were no wardrobe malfunctions to report on, this cut-throat industry continues to produce aspiring fashion thinkers and fashionistas, a talent that will never date!







A special thank you goes out to Brooke, thank you for believing in me enough to breathe life into your dress on the runway. Your creativity is a gift which will only flourish as you continue to grow and develop into the beautiful fashion icon that you already are!
Love,
Professor B xxx

15 comments:

Hayley said...

I love this dress!!! and your right, she will be Australia's top designer one day. such innovative style and you look stunning!

Of course I am following your beautiful blog xx

http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/hayley.hour

kath said...

lovely dress! congratulations to brooke and you look so fab! :)

http://iam-kbc.blogspot.com

lapetiteblonde said...

omg!!love that dress!!
amazing photos!!
kisses and have a nice day=)=)

CutestPrincess said...

very beautiful and you're so gorgeous!


PS: you can win a bag of your choice by joining my giveaway --> VOTE 4 me & WIN a Bag

It’s a GIRL Thing

G.I. said...

wow, love this post!!
i am following :)
do u want to follow my blog!?
theres also a SKULL RING giveaway!
kisses

http://swallowsfashionblog.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Absolutely stunning. I love your hair. <3

xoxo
http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com

♥●• ─░zdiher •●♥ said...

wow . Lovely event. Brides Wedding Expo is always fun.I recokn everything related to bride is fun. Gorgeous pics.


Tea party at my blog .Come and join ,babe.

Love you .

Dana Paramita said...

follow you back sweety :)

Sakuranko said...

Beautiful pictures..:D

Sakuranko Blog
Fan Page Facebook

XoXo~~

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Fabulous photos!!!! You look great!!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com
:-)

Fabrizia said...

What a lovely dress, you look absolutely fab in these photos! Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

Fabrizia said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment !!!Of course I follow you back!
Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

Cosa mi metto???

Summer-Raye said...

OBSESSED!!!

Summer-Raye

WE INSPIRE US said...

Girl! You look amazing!!!

the hair style suits you perfectly!

u r like a fairy!

Natalie Koltunovskaya said...

I like the hairstyle!